Thursday, December 1, 2011

About I work at KFC and my boss never lets me have breaks

I work at KFC and my boss never lets me have breaks.?
I work at a KFC in Colorado Springs and my boss never lets me have breaks even when i work from opening time, 8 am, to closing time, 11 pm. Any tips?
Other - Careers & Employment - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
That is illegal in UK and I'm pretty sure it's illegal where you are too. You should check your employee handbook or call head office.
2 :
Well its bl!!dy KFC of coarse your not going to get any breaks,just leave u dont deserve the right to work there.
3 :
legally you should be alound a barke otherwise KFC could get into alot of trouble
4 :
Eat as much food as you want while working. My Dairy Queen boss did the same thing to me, so I took it upon myself to collect the money via food. I ate food whenever I felt like it and never paid for it.
5 :
In Colorado, you are legally entitled to a 30 minute, uninterrupted duty free unpaid break. you are also entitled to a 10 min break every 4 hours. If your boss isn't adhering to the law, contact the Colorado Dept. of Labor and Employment. Here's the website with break information: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDLE-LaborLaws/CDLE/1248095305420. Show this to your boss to let him know that you are aware of your rights. Additionally, there should be a labor poster displayed in your work site that talks about this as well.
6 :
It is illegal for him to withhold breaks. You are suppose to get a lunch break for an 8 hour shift and you are doing more. I would talk to a district manager. Here is where you can also contact someone higher up:http://www.kfc.com/contact/

Read more other entries :