Friday, January 1, 2010

About the best place to go for quality tattoo work in Colorado Springs or Pueblo Colorado

Where is the best place to go for quality tattoo work in Colorado Springs or Pueblo Colorado?
I mean, extremely sanitary and health concious, very clean and consistant line work...looking for expert lettering...
Tattoos - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I'm not for colorado however, I am a professional Tattooist/Piercer. WWW.BMEZINE.COM The above is a great website with lots of information on Body Modification. It has a ton of reviews and recommendations of shops! Very best wishes!
2 :
I'm in Boulder so I can't comment on a specific artist, but in regards to finding a shop that is sanitary and clean - I know here in Boulder county the health department posts the inspections of tattoo shops, just like they do restaurants. You may want to find out if any of the counties near you do the same - that would at least be a starting point. Going in and looking at artist portfolios might be your next step. Hope you are able to find something!
3 :
I live in The Springs, and there are many good shops here. But, the best in town is Pikes Peak Tattoo. Either the one on Circle Dr or the one at Fillmore and Wood. I will be getting my next tattoo from Mr. Scary, at the Fillmore location. He specializes in black and gray portrait work. He told me that at the end of summer Shanhai Kate, who trained under Sailer Jerry, will be joining them. I used to go to Jack D'Amore, at Art with a Pulse, he is very good. His customer service skills need some work, in fact that is why I am not going back. If you want to go to Pueblo, the shop is Steel City Tattoo. Very expensive but getting tattooed by Rich Ives or Shane Heart is something that most collectors would only dream of. Rich Ives is one of the most famous and well respected tattooers in the western US. If you don't mind going north, Red Sky Tattoo in Castle Rock is awesome. Ask for Jim, his tattoos are stellar and he has won a bunch of awards. All of the shops I mention are clean and use the most sterile equipment in the industry. Pikes Peak tattoos founder, Uncle Bud Yates, was a leader in the industry in setting health standards for tattoos. He was member #3 of the national tattoo association. And, he spent 30 years trying to get the type of cleanliness and standards we all enjoy and expect in a tattoo shop. Pikes Peak, and Steel City are his shops. Hope this helps, if you have more questions or want further info please feel free to email me. See my profile for the link.