Saturday, February 16, 2013

About Colorado Springs in the summer

Colorado Springs in the summer?
My parent's boss lives in Colorado during the summer so we're also going there for the summer. My parents are going to be working most of the time Monday through Friday and I need something to do while they are at work. I don't know ANY body there nor have I been there before and I don't drive yet so if you can list some places I can take the bus to go to. I'm seventeen turning eighteen this August so I want to know where I can go to spend my 18th birthday as well. I'm pretty sure my parents want to go to places during the weekends so don't list just places where I can take the bus in. List cities that are an hour away where we can visit some awesome places. I know there are a lot of scenery for me to explore and I'd love to do a lot of that but my concern are the wild animals around. Is there a BIG chance that I'll come across snakes because I am VERY scared of them, or any other animal I should be afraid of while walking around in Colorado Springs? Give me anything else that I need to know about summer time in Colorado Springs as well, thank you!
Denver - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You will LOVE Colorado Springs. If you like the outdoors, there are many great parks right in the city where you can hike ..and on the weekends your family can go to many of the great stat e and natonal parks in the state. Garden of the gods is a great place to walk and hike in the city. You can go to the main bus station downtown and get a bus map. You may want to join the YMCA...they have several branches around town and lots of activities. You are very unlikely to see any snakes uness you go sown to creek and actively look for them...I lived in Springs for 30 years and the only snakes I saw were the ones my kids loved to bring home from their adventures at the nearest creek! There are quite a few public swimming pools in Coloado Springs. 1st site below has lots of good info for you. On weekends you and your family can visit Denver...tons of things to do there...great zoo ( Colorado Springs has one too) , fantastic Museums, Rockies baseball, Water World, Elitches amusement park and water park Rocky Mountain National Park is amazing and only less than 2 hrs away. Hope you have a great summer.
2 :
Hey, I live here, its pretty cool :) You must visit Garden of the Gods, its breathtaking. A few of the trails there are sidewalks, so I highly doubt you will be running into any snakes. I have ridden the bus once. I don't really know much about the buses, but I do know if that is going to be how you are getting around, you will be walking quite a bit. If you are a girl (sorry, I dont want to assume anything) there is a lot of shopping you can do! It is'nt the best, but it is a lot of fun. Try the brirgate mall, its strip mall. The citidal is another good mall. Also you should visit old colorado city, it is amazing! try and find the ice cream shop, it is great in the summer! With your parents, head up to denver, it is great! there are museums, amusment parks, you might find some sporting event going on up there sometime, or maybe a concert. To be honest, I find a lot of those things a little boring unless I am with a friend. If i were you, I would try and get a friend to come with you! just a suggestion, you dont HAVE to do that, but it does get a little boring down here.

Read more other entries :    
About Im looking for contract work near Schriever ...
About What are some nice communities around Colora...